Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSHSK(Chinese)
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction EnglishChinese
Opportunity ID 10380
Student from countries around the world except china can apply to scholarships offered at Shanghai Jio Tong University (SJTU). SJTU is a global-renowned higher education institution and one of the top universities in China ranking 60th worldwide (QS 2020).
The university has 30 schools, 31 research institutions and 13 affiliated hospitals offering different degree programs for students from nearly 100 countries. There are 100 graduate programs offered by the university.
Application period (first round): October 1, 2020 – December 15, 2020
Application period ( 2nd round ) : December 16, 2020 – March 31, 2021
Enrollment date: September 5, 2021
Fields of study:
Different programs in school of Engineering (architecture, civil engineering, electricity, design, transport engineering, Information and communication Engineering, Computer science, Cyber Space Security, material science and Engineering, Biology, Bio medical engineering) School of Finance (master of finance, MBA, Master of International Business program (MIB)), School of international affairs (political science, public administration) School of environmental science and Engineering, School of media and communication, school of aeronautics and astronautics, school of design and etc.
- Master degree: 2-3 years (Full time)
- Doctoral programs: 4 years
There are various types of scholarships available at this university such as CSC scholarships,
The scholarship covers the following:
- Monthly stipend of 1700 RMB to 5000 RMB (based on the degree and duration of the program)
- Tuition fee
- Health insurance
- Monthly Accommodation allowance (1200-1500)
Who is eligible?
Applicants who meet the following requirements can apply to the scholarships offered by Shanghai Jio Tong University (SJTU):
- Have the citizenship of any country other than China.
- Be in good health situation (physically and mentally).
- Possess outstanding academic performance and potential.
- Applicants of master degree programs should have obtained bachelor’s degree and PhD applicants should have master’s degree. (Applicants not graduated can present an official letter from the university with expected date of graduation.)
- Be proficient in Chinese and/or English
How to apply?
Applicants should apply online and pay the non-refundable application fee of RMB 800 (USD 120).
Applicants can apply to scholarship through two channels; Shanghai Jio Tong University (SJTU) or through Chinese Embassies
- Academic certificates and transcripts.
- English /Chinese language proficiency (native/ language test scores / prior study in the medium of English/Chinese)
- Passport size photo
- Personal statement and study plan
- Two academic recommendation letter
You may apply via Chinese Embassies from November to April (different from country to country).