Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSOther
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 2 3 Years
Language of Instruction EnglishKorean
The Graduate School of Korean Studies, the Academy of Korean Science (AKS) offers a range of international programs at masters and doctorate levels to qualified Korean and international applicants to undertake studies in these fields in Korea in the academic year 2021-22. Therefore, if you are interested in the programs, you can read the information below and apply for the opportunities.
Application timelines: AKS accepts applications twice a year for the spring and fall semesters.
Deadline for fall semester (2021): early April 2021
Results announcement: mid-June 2021
Beginning of semester: September 1, 2021
Deadline for spring semester (2022): Early October 2021
Result announcement: mid-December 2021
Start of the semester: 1st March 2022
Host institution: Graduate School of Korean Studies, The Academy of Korean Studies (AKS)
Country: Republic of Korea
Program duration: two years for masters and three years for Ph.D.
Programs and majors
- Masters and Ph.D. Degree
- Korean history
- Diplomatics and bibliography
- Korean linguistics
- Korean literature
Culture and Arts
- Anthropology- folklore
- Religious studies
- Art history
- Cultural informatics
- Human geography
- Political science
Global Korean Studies
- Korean classical and global communication (an interdisciplinary program)
Note: the medium of teaching for these programs is Korean.
- Master’s degree
Global Korean Studies
- Korean culture and society.
Note: The teaching language of master’s courses is also English.
- Research degrees are also offered for bachelor applicants who get admission to the program.
- TOPIK level 4 for Korean
- TOEFL 80, IELTS 6.5 or New TEPS 301 for the English language.
Benefits for international students
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of 750,000 KRW per year renewable as per evaluation.
- A low student-faculty-ration facilitates close guidance of students by professors.
- Free Korean language courses are available for academic purposes
- On-campus dormitory accommodation is available.
- Various other programs such as tutoring, writing clinic, and cultural activities
Applicants must fulfill these criteria:
- Be a Korean national or international student living outside of Korea.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree/equivalent for master’s and a master’s or equivalent for doctoral at the beginning of the intended semester.
- Have language proficiency either Korean or English for respective programs.
- For masters applicants can come from the same or relevant undergraduate background nut for doctoral applicants are recommended to apply for the program in which they have done their master’s.
How to apply?
Applicants are required to apply online through the academy’s website.
- Study plan
- Language proficiency certificates
- University diploma
- Degree transcript
Note: applicants are required to submit the documents by post or in person to the host institution.
For documents sending address and also contact information to ask more about the documents see below:
Email address: [email protected]
The Graduate School of Korean Studies, Academy of Korean Studies (AKS), Republic of Korea