UN Global Compact Young DSG Innovators Programme 2020Scholarship/Fellowship United Nations Global Compact (UNGC)
Nominations are NOW open for the UN Global Compact Young SDG Innovators Programme 2020. This is a development program intended to speed up business innovation to acquire the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Moreover, the Young SDG Innovators Programme activates future business leaders and change-makers and challenges them to renovate traditional business models and unravel new business opportunities.
In addition, the program is an opportunity for participating companies of the UN Global Compact (UNGC) to highlight young talent within their organizations to cooperate and accelerate business innovation towards the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through new technologies, initiatives, and business models and live on their company’s sustainability objectives. As a result, this ten-month accelerator program activates future business leaders and change-makers to develop and drive innovative solutions.
Deadline: November 2020
Organizer: United Nations Global Compact
Duration: 10 months (January 2021-October 2021
Target applicants: Participating UN Global Compact Program
During this accelerator program, selected young professionals (“Innovators”) from UN Global Compact participating companies will:
- Connect to innovative young professionals in the country and from around the world to leverage the Sustainable Development Goals as a catalyst for developing new products and services pertinent to their business.
- Collaborate with thought leaders in a range of team exercises and interactive learning opportunities involving real-world challenges, peer feedback and sparring, mentoring and coaching.
- Develop organizational learning skills that will empower employees across different functions to develop innovative solutions in the wake of achieving the Sustainable Development Goals through new technologies, initiatives, and business models.
- Learning and development resources and opportunities, including thorough curriculum with a combination of learning opportunities including online and in-person workshops, case studies, company visits, and forum talks.
- Professional experience. Network with other business units and collaborate on state-of-the-art projects relative to the company and industry.
- Coaching, mentoring, and colleague-to-colleague networking opportunities with some of the brightest minds working on sustainability and innovation from across the world.
- Be part of a global network of prominent young professionals from some of the top companies across every continent.
Being a participating company of the UN Global Compact and your Global Compact Local Network, the companies can nominate high performing young professionals for the program.
Companies must be situated in one of the following countries to be eligible: Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada, India, Kenya, Lebanon, Mexico, Nigeria, Norway, Philippines, South Africa, Turkey, Ukraine, and the United Kingdom.
Furthermore, the eligible company employees should meet these criteria:
- Successful and high-achieving employees at a participating company of the UN Global Compact
- 35 years or younger
- Passion for business model innovation, sustainability, and disruptive technologies
- Lastly, companies must have confirmation to take part in the program before nominating individual young professionals to join because of high demand and limited spots.
How to Apply?
Companies participating in the UN Global Compact and meeting the above-mentioned criteria can collaborate with their Global Compact Local Networks to nominate young professionals for the program.
Companies interested in joining the program should fill out the sign-up form or participate directly through their participating Global Compact Local Network.
Fill the Sign-UP form here.
For more details, visit the UN Global Compact website.