Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 86356
In commemoration of the World Children’s Day “November 20”, UNICEF has launched a Challenge to provide the youth across the world with a platform to demonstrate how they want and can change the world, and draw their interpretation of the world, especially the one built after the COVID-19 pandemic. So, if you love drawing, dream of a change and you are a youth between the age categories right for this challenge, UNICEF is inviting you to share your drawing and be PART of the #Voices of Youth Challenge.
Deadline: Open up until Nov 20.
UNICEF will highlight some illustrations in its Instagram account and other UNICEF channels to celebrate World Children’s Day on November 20th!
- If you are between 13-24 years old and love drawing, you are eligible.
- If you want to change the world and imagine a change you want to make, you are right for this challenge.
- Through this challenge, you together with UNICEF, reimagine a greener and more sustainable future, for every child.
What can you illustrate or draw?
Pick up a cause that matters to you, produce an original illustration that reflects the world you want to build. Besides, in the caption, explain what prompted you to create this drawing, why this issue is of importance to you, or how you want to contribute to make the world a better place for children.
You can submit original blogs (like interviews, poems, personal stories, illustrations, or photo essays…) and sparks (tiny flashes of positivity).
You can part of UNICEF’s Youth Community by joining this. For example, you can:
- Reimagine a greener and more sustainable world
- Rethink the future of wellbeing and mental health
- Reimagine the future of education and work
- Reimagine a future with no discrimination
- Other children’s rights or development issues that matter to you
Once you’ve submitted your work, a Voices of Youth Community Manager will review it before it is published. If it needs a bit more work you’ll get feedback and recommendations on how to improve it.
How to patriciate?
To join the challenge, you can submit your drawings online through UNICEF’s Voices of Youth website, following some steps as follows:
- Create an account on the Voices of Youth website.
- Make sure you have prepared everything necessary like images, links, captions, etc.
- Finally, you can submit your blog through the account you have created.
Create the account here.
OR, you can also post it on your Instagram or Twitter account with the hashtag #voicesofyouth. Remember it can only see the illustration if your account is public, but make sure you understand the pros and cons of having your social media account public and check and its online safety guidelines.
For more information regarding the engagement rules, guidance, and examples of previous work/content, please refer to the official link.