Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 110
Duration 2 Months
About Particip GmbH and the project:
The overall aim of the Particip-KIT Consultancy for Third Party Monitoring and Evaluation of the health services is to assess the performance and improvement of the health care system (Sehatmandi) through annual national health facility valuations (Balanced scorecards (BSC)), semiannual HMIS Verification & Functionality Assessments (HMIS V/FA), Drug Quality Assessments (DQA) and Afghanistan COVID-19 Emergency Response and Health Systems Preparedness (ERHSP) Project.
Participat GmbH Afghanistan is hiring 110 provincial data collection and verification officers for all the provinces who will work in the framework of the Afghanistan COVID-19 Emergency Response and Health Systems Preparedness (ERHSP) Project.
Health Facility Assessment (HFA):
Functionality verification (availability and preparedness) of the COVID-19 treatment and surveillance centers, including laboratory services.
COVID-19 Surveillance System Assessment (SSA):
Performance and effectiveness verification of the COVID-19 treatment and observation system, including laboratory services.
Position Title: Provincial Data Collection & Verification Officer
Job Location: All 34 provinces
Employment Type: Full-time
Vacancy #: VA/2020/Particip/107
No of Positions: 110
Salary: According to Particip GmbH fee policy
Organization: Particip GmbH
Working experience: Two years
Contract duration: Maximum two months
Closing date: 21 October 202
Duties and responsibilities:
- Gather the data on COVID-19 symptoms from a representative sample of COVID-19 provincial ward/hospitals, District centers/RRTs.
- Collects the data on functionality verification (availability and readiness) of the COVID-19 treatment and surveillance centers, including laboratory services
- Routinely review all collected data (on the spot) to find out mistakes or missing information and go back to the facilities for correction/clarification to ensure high-quality data collection.
- Function as the contact person for third party monitoring of COVID-19 under (ERHSP) in the province.
- Maintain coordination with local health officials and local communities to ensure effective data collection.
- Evaluate awareness level of the community regarding COVID-19 community services and COVID-19 IPC measures during interviews with health facility visitors exiting health facilities with as well as without COVID-19 particular services.
- Assist the field manager with developing a security plan to help ensure the safety and security of the field staff.
- Update field manager on the status of the fieldwork and all field-related difficulties on a regular basis.
- Submit all finalized data collection forms to the office after the final check.
- Ensure the submission of electronically collected data to the servers, by regularly connecting to GPS.
- Maintain the forms and instruments safe and maintain the confidentiality of data.
- Demonstrates integrity with the values and ethical standards of Particip-KIT and Ministry of Public Health
- Advances the vision, mission, and strategic goals of Particip-KIT
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age sensitivity and compliance
- Treats all people fairly without bias.
- Familiarity with medical terminologies, medicine, and equipment is mandatory.
- The candidates must have some health education background.
- Higher levels of education or degree in nursing, laboratory, midwifery, and medical technology are desired.
- A minimum of 2 years of working experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation of health projects with private companies, or International /national NGOs.
- Past experience in HMIS verification and BSC surveys are an addition.
3-Other knowledge, additional competences
- Familiarity with electronic data collection is an advantage.
- Willing and able to visit health centers in the respective provinces and regions, including security assessment of the route and destination while ensuring safety and security during the data collection period.
- Outstanding written and spoken Dari and Pashto skills.
- Understanding the English Language is an asset.
- Having good communication skills.
How to apply?
Eligible applicants are kindly requested to submit their CVs and letter of motivation with full contact details through the following email address:
Submission email: [email protected]
You must mention in the subject line of your email the (vacancy number, job title, and the province you’re applying for); otherwise, your application will not be considered.
Only candidates whose qualifications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for a written test or interview.
Late applications are nor taken into account.