Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
No. of Opportunity 1200
Opportunity ID 99524
About Equal Rights Trust Organization (ERTO):
ERTO is a non-governmental, humanitarian institution supporting equality & promoting equality to sustainable development in Afghanistan and other eligible countries through empowering local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process.
Position Title: Social Organizer
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Locations: Kabul, Balkh, Herat, Nangarhar & Kandahar
Position Breakdown: Kabul 800, Herat 100, Nangarhar 100, Balkh 100, & Kandahar 100
Category: Capacity Building
Salary: Based on the organization’s salary scale
Vacancy #: ERTO-07-2021
Organization: Equal Rights Trust Organization (ERTO)
Years’ of experience: 2-3 years
Contract duration: Open-ended
Closing date: February 20, 2021
ERTO is hiring 1200 Social Organizers for the five above-mentioned provinces who will implement the Datarkhan-e-Mili project within the framework of REACH (COVID-19 Relief Effort for Afghan Communities & Households) Project. Applicants meeting the qualifications below can read the details below and apply accordingly.
Specific roles & responsibilities:
- Mobilize the communities and target groups to have a better understanding of Dasterkhwan-e-Meli program elements such as identifying beneficiaries, procurement of relief packages, rollout process, monitoring, and complaint response mechanism.
- Prepare a report from all steps and submit to the package manager.
- Create monthly, weekly, and daily plans and report as per the program department policy and Operational Manual.
- Fill all necessary forms and submit them to the related manage
- Support Guzar Councils/CDCs in the preparation of community beneficiary lists.
- Assist GA/ CDCs with making bank accounts.
- Inform the Guzar Councils when their fund is paid and deposited to the Bank account.
- Ensuring transparency and accountability at the community level is observed.
- Deliver basic training on accounting, project management, and procurement and monitoring to Guzar Council members.
- Establish Community Participatory Monitoring Teams to supervise the process of beneficiary selection and verification before and during the distribution of Relief Packages.
- Support the Nahia by having efficient complaint response mechanism.
- Assist the Guzar CDCs and its procurement sub-committees with the procurement process of food packages.
- Coach and guide the Guzar CDC Council in applying the monitoring tools and a proper operation and maintenance plan for the distribution of input in both tranches.
- Ensure the conclusion of all financial and procurement documents for the food/cash the community and its committees have purchased.
- Ensure the confirmation and approval of all financial documents by Guzar CDC and its record in CDC file
- Assure the timely distribution and there is no obstacle in the process.
- Support the members of Jalal Abad Municipality Project Implementation Unit in monitoring and providing the data as per the agreed upon protocol.
Education and Qualifications
- At least 12th grade graduate. Higher degrees are desirable.
- 2 years’ of relevant experience, especially within an NGO or similar organization.
- Work experience at the grassroots level, Community Mobilization, and Community Development and Survey Conduction.
- Experience with the National Solidarity Program/Citizen Charter (NSP/CC), Community Governance and Livelihood Project, and community-driven development would be a huge advantage.
Skills and competencies
- Sound organizational, communication, interpersonal, and team skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and time management skills.
- Fluency in Dari and Pashto (oral & written)
- Familiarity with report writing and planning
- Be honest, proactive, and well versed.
- Training and capacity building skills in hands-on monitoring methods.
- Have smartphones.
How to apply for the Social Organizer positions?
All eligible candidates are required to submit their CVs and cover letter along explaining their motivation and suitability to the below email address.
Applicants must mention their [job title and vacancy#] in the subject of their email otherwise the applications will not be considered.
Note: those who meet the criteria and apply earlier will be contacted.
Submission email: [email protected]