Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
No. of Opportunity 5
About the First Microfinance Bank of Afghanistan (FMFB-A):
The First Microfinance Bank – Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is a section of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which implements programs in over 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFB-A’s vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty mitigation and economic development through the delivery of sustainable financial services mainly targeting micro/small businesses and households.
Position Titles: Deputy Regional Manager & Regional Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Location: Kabul, Badakhshan, Kunduz, Mazar and Sheberghan
Number of jobs: 4 (Deputy Regional Managers) & 1 (Regional Manager)
Salary: According to the organization’s salary scale
Vacancy #: Varying as per each job location (see below)
Organization: The First Microfinance Bank of Afghanistan (FMFB-A)
Years’ of experience: At least 6 years
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: January 30, 2021
The bank is looking to hire 4 Deputy Regional Managers and one Regional Manager for the below provinces respectively. Eligible candidates can review the announcement and apply accordingly.
The incumbent’s job will be to:
- Provide leadership to the regional team and branches in obtaining the objectives set for the region and branches.
- Make sure that the branches under his observation fully align with all the policies and procedures maintaining credit, financial and human resources of the bank.
- Follow up of important customers as well as offending customers, and chairs sometimes the Branch Loan Committee.
- Develop staff capacity through ongoing need assessment and support to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of resources.
- Follow up of the recovery plan at the regional level in coordination with the Recovery Unit Manager at MF Dept.
- Update on the market condition particularly, competitors to MF Dept. and Branches.
- Increase outreach of the bank’s operations within the region, in accordance with the approved budget while ensuring the quality of the portfolio.
- Work towards the development of annual budget and implementation plans in consultation with the Microfinance department.
- Ensure submission of concerted monthly financial and operational reports and supporting data to the bank in a timely manner.
- Ensure a sufficient system of internal controls and procedures is maintained to ensure the protection of the bank’s activities, operations, assets, and data.
- Facilitate the annual and ad hoc external audit, ensure all required information, workings, and schedules are provided to external auditors in a timely manner.
- Facilitate internal audit procedures to assure the reliability of operations and data.
- Review and sign on behalf of the bank all agreements and contracts that require current and future use of the bank’s assets within the region.
- Pay periodic and regular visits to various branches and sub-branches to provide management and operational observation.
- Facilitate consultants and/or donor visits to ensure all mandatory information and reports are prepared in a timely ]way.
- Establish and coordinate relationships between the bank and various stakeholders i.e. government authorities, AKDN agencies, donors, and the communities.
- Responsible for all branch fixed assets in terms of placing their adequate and update inventory, their proper use and making sure that they are in good and functioning order.
Education: Academic background in economics or sciences.
Experience: At least 6 years’ experience in banking or Microfinance, where at least 3 years of it is serving in a managerial role.
- Ability to manage staff in a complex commercial environment;
- Fair competency in written and spoken English;
- Good computer literacy, a good understanding of the concept, theory, and practice of Microfinance Banking.
- Personal Traits: Social concern; commitment; believing in, and commitment to staff capacity building; respectful to customers.
How to apply for these positions?
The bank encourages all eligible applicants to apply by sending their CVs including a cover letter to the email address below.
Do mention the below-mentioned vacancy number as the subject line of the email. Those candidates meeting the criteria will be short-listed.
Submission email: [email protected]
- FMFB-HR-0003-2021 Deputy Regional Manager Kabul Region.
- FMFB-HR-0003-A-2021 Deputy Regional Manager Badakhshan Region.
- FMFB-HR-0003-B-2021 Deputy Regional Manager Kunduz Region.
- FMFB-HR-0003-C-2021 Deputy Regional Manager Mazar Region.
- FMFB-HR-0003-D-2021 Regional Manager Sheberghan Region.