Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
No. of Opportunity 600
Language of Instruction Persian
Opportunity ID 73970
About Cordaid and the volunteerism:
Cordaid is working in and on fragility and has been operative in Afghanistan since 2001. Aimed at building a stable and prosperous country, it announces the call for nominations for the Provincial Women’s Core Group for Peace. The Provincial Women’s Core Group for Peace will be formed through the project “Creating Access for Inclusive Peace in Afghanistan” funded by FCDO (Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office).
Deadline: October 15, 2020
Number of Volunteers: 600
Job locations: All across Afghanistan
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Members of the Provincial Women’s Core Group for Peace will be supported in building up their skills in strategic communications, coalition-building, negotiation and mediation, conflict resolution, and advising on all aspects of their peace-related works for providing access to the inclusive peace process and for expanding peacebuilding efforts in their respected areas.
- The composition of this group will be identified through a transparent and consultative process and will strive to demonstrate a broad geographic, ethnic, and generational representation.
- The provincial Women Core Group will be comprised of twenty women. Once established, the group will gain specialized skill-building and mentoring to improve their capacity to serve as strategic, highly adept, and credible actors in peacebuilding within their respective province and in the peace process as general.
- They may receive mentoring and capacity enhancing training in a variety of areas, including strategic planning and scenario building; technical training in issues related to the peace process, including negotiation and mediation, power-sharing, constitutional reform, transitional justice, and any issues that emerge in the peace process or bear relevance to post-peace process.
- Besides, the participants will receive logistic support through the Provincial Outreach Group to ensure and increase access to the various approaches related to the peace process.
- Also, they will identify and collect the concerns and demands of different societal groups regarding the peace process and post-peace agreement and transfer them to relevant authorities at local, national, and international levels through different methods.
Who can apply?
The application is open for all eligible Afghan women living in the following 30 provinces:
Kabul, Herat, Kandahar, Nangarhar, Helmand, Wardak, Baghlan, Kunduz, Bameyan, Daikundi, Nimroz, Laghman, Takhar, Kapisa, Parwan, Panjshir, Jawzjan, Badakhshan, Mazar e Sharif, Paktiya, Paktika, Logar, Badghis, Sare Pul, Fareyab, Samangan, Uruzgan, Ghazni, Khost, Zabul).
- Youth are encouraged to apply or nominate.
- Women who have experience in Women, Peace, and Security (WPS).
- Women with experience in tackling local dispute and dispute settlement are strongly encouraged to apply. This would be an advantage.
- Women experienced in dealing with religious and traditional actors are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The organization welcomes those who feel they can bring additional value to the Afghan Peace processes.
- Women who will be able to share the work of the Provincial Women’s Core Group for Peace more broadly outside of traditional networks are also especially welcome to apply.
Qualification and Criteria:
The applicant/nominee should possess the following criteria as follows:
- Be at a minimum age of 18
- Demonstrate experience in working on women, peace, and security
- Should be willing to be part of the process voluntarily
- Should be active in their own province & have c bond with local women
- Association with local Jirga and Shura would be considered an asset.
- Should not have a membership of political parties
- Should commit enough time to participate in monthly meetings or other workshops or activities.
How to apply?
Applicants should send their resume to the submission emails no later than October 15, 2020.
Submission emails: [email protected] and
CC to: [email protected]
After reviewing the CVS, successful candidates will be notified.
The selection will be based on motivation, background, and likely experience to ensure diversity in the upcoming groups.