Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
No. of Opportunity 684
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 6 Months
Opportunity ID 97125
Apply to 684 Social Worker Jobs offered by Afghan Development Association (ADA) in Kabul, Afghanistan
About Afghan Development Association (ADA):
Afghan Development Association (ADA) is a Non-Governmental, Non-Profit, and Non-Political Organization promoting and providing development and humanitarian related services to the people of Afghanistan. Since its founding in 1990, ADA has provided aid in a number of sectors to the most poverty-hit communities across Afghanistan.
Position Title: Social Worker
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Location: Kabul (4, 9, 10, 15, 18, and 19 Nahias)
Salary: Based on the available budget
Vacancy #: ADA/HR/Nahia?
Organization: Afghan Development Association (ADA)
Years’ of experience: 2 years
Contract duration: 6 months
Closing date: January 10, 2020
Afghan Development Association (ADA) is hiring 684 Social Workers for Kabul province (5 different Nahias) who will implement the Datarkhan-e-Mili project within the framework of REACH (COVID-19 Relief Effort for Afghan Communities & Households) Project. Applicants meeting the qualifications below can read the details and apply accordingly.
- Mobilize the communities and target groups to get a better understanding of the Dasterkhwan-e-Meli program, such as identification of beneficiaries, procurement of relief packages, rollout process, monitoring, and complaint response mechanism.
- Prepare an obvious report from all steps and submit it to the package manager.
- Should prepare monthly, weekly, and daily plans and reports according to program department policy and Operational Manual.
- Has to fill all necessary forms and submit them to the related manage
- Support Guzar Councils in the preparation of community beneficiary lists.
- Support Guzar CDCs to make bank accounts.
- Inform the Guzar Councils when their fund is paid and deposited to the Bank account.
- Ensuring transparency and accountability at the community level is maintained.
- Deliver basic training on accounting, project management, and procurement and monitoring to Guzar Council members.
- Establish Community Participatory Monitoring Teams to oversee the process of beneficiary selection and verification before and during the distribution of Relief Packages.
- Support the Nahia with having an efficient complaint response mechanism.
- Provide support to the Guzar CDCs and its procurement sub-committees with the procurement process of food packages.
- Coach and guide the Guzar CDC Council in applying the monitoring tools and a proper operation and maintenance plan for the distribution of input in both tranches.
- Ensure the conclusion of all financial and procurement documents for the food/cash the community and its committees have purchased.
- Ensure the confirmation and approval of all financial documents by Guzar CDC and its record in the CDC file
- Assure the on-time distribution and that there is no obstacle in the process.
- Prepare and submit the progress reports to the package manager.
- Assist the members of the Kabul Municipality Project Implementation Unit with monitoring and providing the data as per the agreed protocol.
- The Social Organizer/worker has to provide a monthly report to the package manager.
Education and Qualifications
- At least high school graduate. 14th grade will be preferred. Bachelor’s degree desirable.
- 2 years of relevant experience, especially within an NGO or similar organization.
- Work experience at the grassroots level, Community Mobilization, and Community Development and Survey Conduction.
Skills and competencies
- Sound organizational, communication, interpersonal, and team skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and time management skills.
- Fluency in Dari and Pashto (oral & written)
- Familiarity with report writing and planning
- Be honest, proactive, and well versed.
- Training and capacity building skills in hands-on monitoring methods.
How to apply for these positions?
Eligible applicants are required to send their CVs, including a cover letter, to the given email address before the deadline.
Applicants must mention the [job title and Nahia/District number] both in the CV and in the subject of their email; otherwise, the applications will not be considered.
Submission email: [email protected]