Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
The exciting application process for the TED Fellowship is now open. In the midst of this global pandemic, the TED Fellows program is more committed than ever to finding and amplifying individuals making a vital impact in their communities, and doing the work of future-making.
Since launching the TED Fellows program, TED has gotten to know and support some of the brightest, most ambitious thinkers, change-makers, and culture-shakers from nearly every discipline and corner of the world.
Whether it’s discovering new galaxies, leading social movements, or making waves in environmental conservation, with the support of TED, Fellows are dedicated to making the world a better place through their innovative work. And you could be one of them. Do not miss the opportunity, and do not delay. Apply now!
Deadline: August 24, 2020
Fellowship Type: Online
Possible in-person conference date: 29 May- 4 June 2021
What happens when I’m chosen as a TED Fellow?
- Become part of a varied, collaborative, and global community of 500+ emerging and established experts.
- Receive professional development through virtual workshops and webinars.
- Gain invaluable feedback from TED’s expert coaches on how to polish, assert, and transfer your work and your ideas.
- Give a TED Talk (at a virtual or live event, depending upon the state of the global pandemic).
- Enjoy career coaching and mentorship from our team of expert coaches.
- Get public relations instruction and media training.
- Participate in virtual programming for TED Fellows.
- Get the opportunity to participate in and contribute to a flourishing and connected global community.
- You will receive a possible invitation to attend the special TED Monterey conference in Monterey, California. This plan will vary depending on expert advice and local health safety protocols due to the pandemic.)
Who should apply?
TED organizers look for different applicants than many other leadership-oriented programs. Therefore, instead of business people, policy wonks and government officials, the TED Fellows program places a great focus on doers, makers, inventors, advocates, filmmakers and photographers, musicians and artists, scientists, entrepreneurs, NGO heads, and human rights activists.
In addition to impressive accomplishment, fine character and a good heart are also important qualities it looks for in TED Fellows.
It screens and chooses Fellows based on their accomplishments in their respective fields, the potential impact of their work, and also their character. Hence, the ideal applicant is multidisciplinary and collaborative in their pursuits and is at a stage of their career to maximize the support of the TED community.
Evaluation & selection process
The review process takes time as the organizers read every application. Therefore, you can expect to hear back about your application within eight months after the application closes. All applicants are notified whether or not they have been selected to join the TED Fellows program.
- You should have an idea worth spreading!
- A completed online application consisting of general biographical information, short paragraphs on your work, and three references.
- You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Must be fluent in English.
- You must be excited to participate in a collaborative, interdisciplinary global community.
- Must be available May 29–June 4, 2021.
How to apply?
The application for the TED Fellow program is online. Therefore, complete all other preceding steps and then submit your application.
Before applying, it invites you to read important updates about the Fellowship program, find answers to some frequently asked questions, read important application tips, and meet all the TED Fellows to learn more about the extent of this global community.
Read more about the TED Fellow Program.