Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 120
Language of Instruction Persian
Opportunity ID 96254
Introduction to the program
Afghanistan Peace House is calling for membership applications for its program entitled “Promoting Women’s Leadership Role in the Peace Process” from inspirational and experienced women leaders who will represent women-focused groups and individual women rights activists who are committed to preserving women’s rights in Afghanistan. Furthermore, the selected applicants will be members of groups advocating for women’s more effective leadership role in the ongoing Afghan peace process.
The program will enroll 120 women and be initially implemented in three provinces i.e., Kabul, Balkh, and Herat.
Application deadline: 8 January 2021
Organizer: Afghanistan Peace House
Open to: Three provinces mentioned above
Number of applicants: 120 (60 from Kabul and 60 from the other two provinces)
The participating women will get:
- The possibility to take part in other programs and training periods of the organization;
- there is the possibility of financial support in case they present an innovative and inspiring idea;
- If they have an effective plan for tackling women’s challenges, their plan will be supported and the initiators will be granted “hero woman” title;
- They will gain access to ‘Salaam’ website where resources and educational material will be available to help them develop their leadership skills and knowledge of other programs; and
- Participants will receive a Certificate of Participation at the end.
All nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Be between the ages of 20 to 50 years
- Education: be at least a High school graduate
- Possess at least 5 years of demonstrable progressive experience working in the areas of women’s rights, peace, human rights, gender, and civil society.
- Should agree to participate in the project voluntarily
- Have established relationships with women activists and other local civic actors in their communities
- Should express her willingness to commit to being part of the Salaam Initiative for 2 successive years
- Should be willing to partake in meetings as arranged by the Afghanistan Peace House team
- Areas of Work include peace, women’s rights, gender, and human rights.
- Demonstrate Organizational Mission (Required for those representing women-focused associations only)
- Applications will be evaluated by a committee from the Afghanistan Peace House
- Eligible candidates will be invited for an interview.
- All successful candidates will be chosen as participants for the amazing program to enhance the role of Women in the Peace Process.
How to apply for this program?
All interested women candidates should fill out and send the nomination form along with their CVs and a recommendation letter explaining their suitability for the project to the following email address no later than the deadline.
Submission email: [email protected]