Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 10
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 79715
Overview of the scholarship
The application is currently open for the Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) scholarship at the University of Twente. The ESED scholarship helps outstanding students pursuing advanced studies in sustainable energy development and promotes meaningful contributions to the collective body of knowledge about this subject.
Moreover, this scholarship is a flagship program of The Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership (GSEP), _a non-profit organization of leading electricity companies supporting outstanding master’s students from developing countries studying sustainable energy development. Hence, apply for this wonderful opportunity if you dream of studying in this field.
Application opening: 8 January 2021
Application deadline: 6 March 2021
Study level: Master’s
Duration: Two years
Number of scholarships: Up to 10
Fields of study
- Environmental & Energy Management
- Geo-information Science and Earth Observation
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- The value of scholarships is up to US $ 21,000 per year. The amount of the award varies on a case-by-case basis.
- The scholarship awards support students’ general living and study costs other than tuition fees.
To be eligible for this scholarship, prospective candidates must:
- Get an admission letter from your university program of choice and submit it to the scholarship offering body.
- Undertake a full-time masters-level study in the areas of zero-carbon energy, smart grids, electric transportation, energy storage, advanced electricity technologies, public policy, economics, law, political science, or other relevant fields.
- Must be pursuing full-time studies for at least one full school year (two or three semesters), beginning in autumn 2021. Afterward, scholars in the second year of a two-year program are eligible to apply, providing that they meet this requirement.
- Be a citizen of a developing country/territory on the List of official development assistance recipients or DAC countries)
- Commit returning to their home country/territory after completing their studies to contribute to its development
Be a remarkable student in terms of academic ability and background:
- Graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of their class
- Commitment towards sustainable energy development
- Has precedence of community involvement
- Is resolute in improving their knowledge and understanding
How to apply?
The application for this scholarship is online. You can submit your application after it opens according to the deadline mentioned above. But, prepare the documents necessary, upload them through the application link, and then submit.
Note: since the university is receiving a large volume of applications around the deadline, you had better apply as soon as possible. Do not submit any email or mail application.
Provide an electronic copy of the documents below:
- Passport (photo page only) or birth certificate
- A CV detailing your education, work experience (if applicable), honors, and background in volunteer and/or extracurricular activities
- Admission letter from your university program of choice
- Upload a copy of your official letter of admission from the university (top university program of choice).
- If you have not yet received a letter of admission, you can upload a confirmation of receipt from your university showing that you have applied for admission;
- If you receive your official admission letter after the application closing date, you have to forward it via email to [email protected] by no later than April 17, 202; otherwise, your application will not win consideration;
- In case your application is for the second year of a two-year program, please attach evidence of enrolment, as well as a copy of the official letter of admission. These should be uploaded together in a single document.
- Program outline
- Upload a summary of the curriculum or the courses you will be studying for your master’s program;
- If the language of the course outline is not English, a certified translation of the document, including the name of the translator along with a copy of the original (untranslated) letter, is required. These should be uploaded together in a single document too.
- University transcript(s)
- Upload a copy of your complete university transcript(s) in English, or it should meet the above criteria regarding the application.
- If this application is for the second year of a two-year master’s program, please include your transcript for your first year.
- Academic Reference Form
- You should provide a completed copy of the Academic Reference Form. Therefore, the form must be submitted in English and by a faculty member or professor at your current or previous university who has information about your academic abilities.
- The referee can also send the Academic Reference Form directly to the Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership via [email protected] by March 6, 2021. If received, it will be displayed in the online application system after you submit your application.
- Academic or personal reference letter
- You also need to provide one reference letter from either an academic or personal referee that should be in letterform (if possible), written in English, and must have the date and signature of the referee.
- The reference letter writer must also know your academic ability and cannot be the same person as those who complete your Academic Reference Form.
- Finally, your personal referee can send the letter directly to the above email should they wish to do so. If received, it will be shown in the online application system.
Note: please make sure that your referees state your full name in the letters.
Visit ESED Scholarship for complete information.
You may also look for: