Fulbright Scholarship 2020-2021 for AfghanistanScholarship Fulbright
Fulbright Scholarship for Afghanistan is accepting applications now. The US embassy has announced that the application for the Fulbright 2020-2021 cohort is open now.
Deadline: February 28, 2020 (11:59 pm)
Level of education: Master degree
Academic Year: 2020-2022
Interview date: Late March and early April 2020
Final result notification: May 2020
Application is open for the 2020-2022 Fulbright Graduate Fellowship program for Afghanistan nationals to study their master’s degree in the USA. This is a fully-funded fellowship covering all the expenses for up to two years of Master’s degree studies.
Benefits of Fulbright Fellowship/Scholarship:
- Tuition fee
- Monthly stipend for living expenses
- Roundtrip transportation expenses
- Health insurance
- Opportunity to attend special enrichment activities throughout the program
- Opportunity to network with students from other countries
Who is eligible to apply?
- Be a national of Afghanistan who is currently residing in Afghanistan
- Have obtained/obtain a four-year bachelor’s degree by Spring 2020 with a strong academic background
- Have a minimum score of 79 TOEFL or IELTS 6.5
- Submit two application essays 1) personal statement 2) statement about study research objectives (describe clear goals, the reason for choosing the academic field of study, and its relation to future career goals).
- Submit three recommendation letters (2 academics – one professional)
Not eligible if:
- Can not complete their bachelor’s degree in Spring 2020
- Have dual US/Afghani nationality or have spouse, parent, fiancé or child over 18 years who is USA citizen or permanent resident
- Is US government employee
- Have a pending application for immigration to any country
Selection and evaluation criteria:
- Commitment to returning to Afghanistan
- Demonstration of a specific plan to use this experiment in their professional lives and service to the country
- Past experience of USA
Fully Funded Scholarships You may Like:
- Islamic Development Bank Scholarship for the Academic Year 2020-2021 in Canada, UK, Turkey, Malaysia and Morocco
- Turkey Scholarship for Afghanistan and other countries
- French Government Scholarships 2019-2020 for Master and PhD
- Master degree Scholarship for at United Nation University Japan
- scholarships at International University of Japan for international students
- ADB scholarship at International University of Japan
- ADB scholarship at the University of Hong Kong
- ADB Master degree scholarships at Keio University
How to apply?
Applicants are advised to read the instruction to determine they are eligible for this scholarship. After checking their eligibility, submit the completed application package and supporting documents to the submission email before the deadline.
- One editable PDF version of the application
- Three Academic or professional recommendation letters (two academic and one from employer)
- Two essays
- One Adobe Acrobat PDF file including the entire application and the aforementioned supporting documents
Review and selection criteria:
- Quality of academic proposal and its relevance to achieve professional goals
- Leadership quality and potential
- Volunteer experience and or community involvement
- Work experience
- Educational experience
- Writing ability and content
- Commitment to helping Afghanistan
- TOEFL iBT or IELTS score
Applicant who passes the application review will be invited to the embassy for an interview and to write an additional essay.
What will be asked in an interview:
Applicants who attend the interview will be asked detailed questions about their proposed course, motivation to study in the USA, qualification, and experience. They will be evaluated on their English comprehension and speaking and how they are able to speak clearly, intelligently and broadly on the f main topics below:
- The applicant’s goals (professional, academic, and personal).
- How the Fulbright experience will support the applicant’s goals.
- How the applicant’s Fulbright experience will help Afghanistan.
- How the applicant’s prior experience has prepared him or her for Fulbright.
When you are at the embassy, you will be asked to write a short essay on a topic chosen there in 30 minutes.
Finalists will be required to take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) so that you can get admitted into a US university.
US embassy will submit the application to US universities on behalf of the Fulbright finalists and alternates.
After getting the university acceptance, the applicants need to get a non-immigrant visa.
For more details, you can visit the US embassy website