Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 220
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 3 5 Years
Opportunity ID 59544
Korean Government offers 220 fully funded Global Korea scholarships (GKS) for international students from different countries to pursue their bachelor’s degree or Associate degree in their desired university of South Korea. The main objectives of these scholarships are to enhance international education exchange and deepen friendship between Korea and participating countries.
- Bachelor degree: offered for five years (Korean language: 1 year + Undergraduate program: 4 years)
- Associate degree: offered for 3 or 4 years. (Korean language: 1 year + Associate degree: 2-3 years)
Number of scholarships: 220
- embassy track: 125
- General: 115
- Overseas Korean: 10
- University track: 95
- Regional University (Natural Science and Engineering):60
- Associate degree: 35
Benefits of KGS Scholarship:
This scholarship laureate will receive the following:
- Flight ticket
- Resettlement KRW 200,000
- Monthly Allowance for living expenses KRW 800,000 -900000
- Medical insurance: KRW 60,000/month
- One year language course
- Tuition fee
- Korean Language proficiency award: 100,000KRW
- Degree competition grant: 100000 KRW
Who can Apply to Global Korea Scholarships?
- Hold citizenships of the GKS program’s partner countries and must not hold Korean citizenship.
- Applicants whose partners had previously held Korean citizenship must submit the document proving their renunciation of Korean citizenship.
- Must be under the age of 25 as of March 1, 2021 (Not born before March 1, 1996).
- Hold a high school diploma or expected to obtain by March 1, 2021
- Bachelor’s degree applicants should have 80% or above or be ranked within the top 20% within his/her class.
- Associate degree applicants should have 75% or above or be ranked within the top 25% within his/her class.
- have a good health situation
- Not have finished high school in Korea.
- Do not hold a bachelor’s degree.
- Have no criminal record
- TOPIC Level 3 or above will be given an additional 10% of the total marks.
- Descendants of Korean War veterans will be given an additional 5% of the total marks.
- English proficiency score holders (TOEFL, TOEIC, IELTS).
- Applying to natural science and engineering through university track will be given priority.
- Award recipients
- applicants from Low-income families.
How to apply?
Application for the Global Korea scholarships (GKS) can be submitted in one of two ways:
- Regional University
Applicants applying through embassy track should submit all their applications to the Embassy of the Republic of Korea in their respective countries fo citizenship and can apply to all available fields of study available at 38 designated universities. Applicants can select Type A and Type Universities, but there must at least one Type B university. Please read the application guideline for more details.
Applicants applying via University track can apply to regional universities for Natural Science and Engineering majors by submitting their applications to their university of choice.
Applicants should prepare the following documents (in English / Korean languages or translated into)
- Application form
- Personal statement (form 2)
- Study plan (form 3)
- Two letters of recommendation (Form 4)
- GKS applicant agreement
- personal medical assessment
- High school graduation Certificate (or expected graduation certificate)
- High school transcript
- citizenship proof of applicants and his/her parents (Birth certificates, family registrar, passport copy, etc. )
- awards and certificates (optional)
- English proficiency test (Optional)
Check the details and application forms HERE