Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
The International Student Festival of HARAKAT 2021 will be a pioneering and interactive virtual gathering for a global network of students. This festival is one of the most leading international student festivals held annually but this year it will go fully online due to the COVID-19 pandemic and travel restrictions among countries.
The festival has been formerly hosted by Iranian universities but in the 2021 edition young professionals, youth activists, early-career academics and students contributing to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) can participate in the festival virtually. Furthermore, it is organized by the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology of Iran in collaboration with the Western Asian Development Institute (WADI) to convene and motivate international students for exchanging their experiences in scientific activities; encouraging their projects; bolstering inspiration, and interacting with other students in a platform of cooperation for international students.
If you would like to foster your scientific activities and are interested to participate in an international student festival, it is a unique opportunity to apply.
Deadline: 25 January 2021
Result notification: 15 February 2021
Organizers: Ministry of Science, Research and Technology of Iran in collaboration with the Western Asian Development Institute (WADI)
The event provides benefits such as:
- Getting a Free Online Course on Persian Language and Culture
- Benefitting from Free Personal Development, Leadership and Soft Skills Courses
- Enjoy a Partially funded trip to Iran in 2021 (as soon as the borders are open and international travel is permitted)
- Opportunity to exchange virtually with students from all across the world
- Certificate of Participation from the Ministry of Science, Research, and Technology of Iran
- Interact with students from different nationalities and backgrounds
- Networking opportunity
- The opportunity to participate in workshops and e-meetings along with the main festival sessions.
The festival invites top 150 project owners to travel to Iran in summer 2021 who will receive:
- Cultural programs
- Domestic transport and tours
Note: Travel tickets to be borne by the participants themselves.
- Students, young professionals and activists who are currently studying or have graduated last year are eligible to apply.
- The event is open to applicants from any part of the world.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 to 40 years.
- Applicants must the ability to communicate in English.
- Candidates must present a student activity or project run by themselves, their university, or their group (can be in any field).
Festival project categories
The categories for the festival include (but are not limited to):
- Environment conservation
- Community-based and volunteer projects
- Public health with an emphasis on the corona-virus
- Achievement to SDGs
- Cross-cultural and international projects
- Change making
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
- Social problems
There are two categories for participation in the festival:
1- Individual participants:
If you are currently an enrolled student (or recently graduated) and you hold an idea or you have implemented a project and you are willing to present it, you can attend the festival.
2- Group participants:
In case you are a group of 2 or 3 students (or recently graduated) and you have a group idea or project, then you must apply as a group.
How to apply?
Applicants may undertake the following steps to complete their applications for the festival.
- Fill out and submit the application form by the deadline.
2. Prepare a video (max. of 5 minutes length) and post it on their Instagram and Facebook (both as story and post). in the video, participants should introduce themselves and introduce h/her project shortly.
3. Selected applicants will be invited to send their projects as a poster via email to the host to be presented in the exhibition.
For more information and submission guides, please visit the official link.
you may also enquire through email at [email protected]. Official link