Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Opportunity ID 10699
A great opportunity is calling on International students who are interested in studying for their master’s degree or Ph.D. in Japan to apply for the MEXT Scholarship offered at Yokohama National University.
Application period: December 16, 2020 – January 5, 2021
Result notification: February 10, 2021
Applicants should read the guideline and eligibility.
Field of study:
Programs offered at university
- Monthly allowance:
- Kenky – sei (non-degree seeking students): 146000 JPY (about 1327 USD)
- Regular master degree student: 14700 JPY (about 1336 USD)
- PhD students: 148000 JPY about 1345
- Educational expenses such as:
- Tuition fee
- Entrance examination
- Travel expenses
Applicants of the MEXT Scholarship at Yokohama National University of Japan should meet the following requirements:
- Applicants should international students of graduate school level who are newly coming to Japan.
- Have excellent academic achievement (2.30 out of 3.00)
- Be a citizen of a country having a diplomatic mission with Japan
- Be born after April 2, 1985
- Have a bachelor degree (4 years) for master programs and master degree for doctoral programs.
- Be able to study and research in graduate program
- Be proficient in Japanese or English language
- Have good physical status
- Be able to arrive in Japan by End of September.
How to apply
Application procedure for MEXT University recommendation Scholarship.
Applicants should contact an academic advisor and submit the following documents with a conditional acceptance form issued by their prospective academic advisor.
- Application form ( pasted a photograph)
- Study/research plan
- Official academic transcripts
- Academic performance entry sheet
- Graduation certificate
- A document certifying the ranking of the student as top 5, 10 or 20 percent in the department of the last university attended.
- Recommendation letter
- Abstract of the thesis (if any)
- Language ability
Official link of MEXT Scholarship at Yokohama National University