Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
About the prize
Nominations are now open for International Children’s Peace Prize 2021. Awarded annually by KidsRights Foundation, it aims to recognize and command a child who courageously fights for children’s rights. The motive behind this prize is to encourage children to express their ideas and personal involvement in children’s rights. The winners of this prize have demonstrated their commitment to tackling the challenges children face worldwide. So, if you are a young change maker and motivated to win the prize, you should be nominated.
The International Children’s Peace Prize is an initiative of Marc Dullaert, Chairman and Founder of the KidsRights Foundation.
Nomination deadline: 6 March 2021
Awarding body: KidsRights Foundation
- The prize puts the winner in the spotlight of international media;
- The winners will attract global attention generating a higher level of collaboration and structural improvement for the achievement of children’s rights.
The winner receives:
- The statuette ‘Nkosi’, which indicates how a child brings the world to the attention.
- A study and care grant and a global platform to enrich his or her ideals and goals in favor of children’s rights.
- Furthermore, a project fund of €100,000 is invested by KidsRights in projects that are closely linked to the winners’ area of work in the winner’s country of origin.
- Any individual or organization can nominate a child for this award providing that the nominees meet the criteria below;
- A child between the ages of 12 and 17 at the deadline for nomination;
- Children can be nominated from all across the world;
- The child must demonstrate a clear profile of standing up and combatting for the rights of him/herself and other children;
- The child should have had an active approach in reaching the above goal, which has resulted in a meaningful result;
- Ability to travel overseas and feeling relaxed communicating with other people;
- The child agrees to the nomination for the International Children’s Peace Prize.
- A group nomination is also possible on the condition that every member has made a vivid effort contributing to a remarkable difference in children’s lives and those vulnerable in any corner of the world.
How to nominate?
Nominators can nominate the nominees by filling and submitting the nomination form online.
Submit your nomination here.
For more information regarding this imminent international prize and FAQs visit the KidsRights Foundation website.