Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 10
Fields of study Medicine
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
About the scholarship
The Novartis Company is calling for applications for the 2021 Reimagining Healthcare Scholarship from applicants from around the world to attend One Young World summit in Munich Germany.
This scholarship aims to support young social entrepreneurs and their local/global initiatives to help fasten their leadership journey. Furthermore, it is for young leaders whose focus is on supporting, promoting, and/or addressing issues in the health care area including mental health, such as health care professionals, nurses, volunteers of health care organizations and medical students. Also, Novartis, is reimagining medicine to better and extend people’s lives.
Application deadline: 25 September 2020 (5pm BST)
Awarding institutions: One Young World (OYW) & Novartis
Summit date: 23-26 April 2021
Location: Munich, Germany
Number of participants: 10
The Novartis scholars will:
- Gain access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich, Germany which will be held from 23 – 26 April.
- Enjoy hotel accommodation during the summit
- Receive travel to and from Munich (economy)
- Be provided with all meals (during conference days)
- Gain transport between Summit residence and the Summit venue
- Get summit hand-outs and supporting materials
- Join a forum to pitch and share their initiatives within the Novartis organization
- Benefit from a mentorship program with Novartis employee(s)
- Attend pre-summit meeting or lunch with the OYW- Novartis delegation
Consider the followings while applying:
- Be aged 18 – 30 (under some circumstances applicants can be of a higher age too)
- Citizens of all countries are qualified to apply for this scholarship
- Candidates cannot seek employment by Novartis
- Applicants must reveal positive impact in the healthcare sector in some capacity
Novartis Company will choose 10 scholars out of a shortlist of candidates prepared by One Young World. A pre-selection of the candidates will be conducted by OYW based on the below criteria. Furthermore, the candidates will be invited for an online leadership test followed by an interview with Novartis representatives.
Applicants will be evaluated based on the following:
- Established capacity for leadership.
- Strong commitment to affecting positive change within healthcare and health-based initiatives.
- Have achievement of breeding thoughtful and innovative ideas.
- Solving key local and/or global health care issues in your work.
- Having a good knowledge of global issues.
- Skillsets: collaborator, innovative, enthusiastic, and challenges the status quo.
How to apply?
To apply for this scholarship, click on the link below and submit your application online.
For further information, visit the Novartis Reimagining Healthcare Scholarship.