Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 3
Fields of study Business And IS
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration One Year
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 87544
Applications have opened for the Technische Universitat Dresden fellowship 2021 in Germany. The Faculty of Business and Economics of TU Dresden offers Distinguished Research Fellowships to international leading scholars at the professor, assistant, and associate professor level. The respective host faculty at the university is one of Germany’s distinguished research hotspots providing outstanding researchers with the opportunity to do their research. If you are a scholar meeting the criteria below, you are the right candidate to apply.
The key objectives of the Fellowships are to promote pioneering ideas and induce exciting, vibrant research collaborations, to support the development of Ph.D. students and early-career scholars (e.g., postdocs) of the Faculty.
Application deadline: 1st round: December 15, 2020
Host institution: Technische Universitat Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics
Open to: International applicants
Awarding of inaugural class: spring 2021
Duration: One year (with the possibility of extension)
Number of fellowships: up to three per year
The host Faculty provides each Distinguished Research Fellow with funds of up to 10,000 € for the fulfillment of the proposed research project covering:
- Lodging, and
- Other possible expenses associated with her/his stay at TU Dresden
International scholars at the professor level, remarkable assistant and associate professors are eligible to apply if they:
- are active researchers in one of the following areas: business informatics/information systems, business administration, and economics,
- work at a university, or research institution, outside of Germany, and
- Have no recent collaboration profile (e.g., no joint research projects and/or publications within the last five years) with members of the Faculty at TU Dresden.
In addition to making contributions to the reproach and reputation of the faculty, they will have to:
- Visit TU Dresden for at least six weeks (totally),
- Present a research talk during her/his stay in Dresden,
- Give updates on the research progress and results, and
- Acknowledge the support provided in all publications related to the Fellowship.
Fellowship Selection Process & Criteria
Each year, an external selection committee consisting of four internationally renowned scholars from the four above-mentioned fields selects Distinguished Research Fellows for the corresponding year in February or March.
The selection takes place in view of the following criteria:
- Academic excellence as displayed by top-notch publications,
- Willingness to contribute to on-site collaboration and dialogue in Dresden, and
- Theoretical qualities and practical significance of the proposed research project.
Besides, each research project proposed should have some range of collaboration with one prof. or postdoc at the faculty.
How to apply for this research fellowship?
To apply for the Fellowship, interested scholars need to prepare the following two documents:
- Application form, including a summary of the proposed research project
- Short CV (two pages at most), including a short description of current and previous academic positions, key research areas, key publications, academic awards, and prizes, etc.
Where to send the application?
Applicants should email their application package to the Dean’s Office of the Faculty of Business and Economics: [email protected] by/before the deadline.
Researchers intending to apply for a Fellowship can contact Dr. Uta Schwarz at the Dean’s Office for further information and consultation.
Email: [email protected]
For more details, you can also visit the main link.