Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Natural And Engineering Sciences
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 2 Years
Language of Instruction English
Applications are currently open for the Technical University of Munich, Institute of Advanced Studies (TUM-IAS) Anna Boyksen Fellowship in Germany. So, if you are an outstanding researcher or scientist with a passion for natural and engineering sciences from outside TUM who aspire to discover gender- and diversity-relevant themes in the context of the natural and engineering sciences along with a TUM research group, then you are eligible for a TUM-IAS Fellowship.
Moreover, applicants can be nominated for this fellowship and agreed upon his application by TUM professor/researcher. The proposal is going to be submitted jointly by the nominee and the planned TUM-IAS host.
Details of the fellowship program
Application deadline: October 27, 2020
Host Institution: the Technical University of Munich, Institute of Advanced Studies (TUM-IAS)
Research areas: Natural & Engineering Sciences
Duration/Stays at TUM
The Fellowships continue for two years, during which Fellows are expected to be at TUM for a total of three to six months. Meanwhile, TUM-IAS seeks to further a lasting and productive connection on an international level.
Fellowship benefits, funding, and value (in total 70,000EUR)
Anna Boyksen Fellows receive:
- An award of max. 20,000 EUR in addition to max. €50,000 for travel, accommodation, and research-related expenses (dependent on the length of their stay).
- Fellows will enjoy a maximum range of freedom as to how they use these funds (within bounds set by sponsoring agencies; the funds are administered by the TUM-IAS) and their time.
- The award will be given to the Fellow typically in two or three installments.
- And, for Fellows having family responsibilities, the TUM-IAS renders flexible funding, further administrative support, and different kinds of provisions. For more information, please click here.
Anna Boyksen Visiting Fellowship
For those researchers who cannot fulfill the requirement of several months’ stays at TUM, it offers Visiting Fellowships. TUM-IAS supports these short stays with travel and housing funding.
Decisions on the award will be taken in consultation with the TUM Senior Vice President Talent Management & Diversity and the TUM Gender & Diversity Board.
How to apply?
To apply for this fellowship, please send nominations directly to the TUM-IAS office through the email provided below.
In case you need more information about the application, and following steps, please contact the TUM-IAS via:
Required documents you should submit:
- nomination letter by a TUM professor (Host), including an explanation of the facilities provided for the Fellow by the TUM Host institute,
- nomination letter by the Dean of the hosting department or another member of the TUM Extended Board of Management (EHP) or TUM-IAS Board of Trustees,
- a Resume (not exceeding five pages) including a list of underlying publications (please highlight the 3-5 most significant publications of the last five years),
- A statement of purpose signed together by the candidate and the hosting lecturer, elaborating on how the Fellowship would make a contribution to the innovation of the scientific environment at TUM, the specific goals to be obtained, a budget plan, and a timeline concerning the applicant’s expected periods of stay at TUM. The statement should clearly show to what degree the research project covers gender- and/or diversity-related themes.