Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSCambridge qualification
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 3 To 4 Years
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 748
Application for the University of British Columbia International Leader of Tomorrow Award will open soon. International students who want to study at a globally recognized university should apply and pursue their bachelor’s degree.
Organization: University of British Columbia
Start of application: November 1, 2020
Deadline: December 1, 2020
Level of study: Undergraduate
Duration: one year (extendable up to 3 years)
There are two types of Awards available to assist the international students financially: The international leaders of tomorrow award and the Donald A. Wehrung International students award
About the Leaders of Tomorrow Award
Applicants with leadership skills and high academic achievements who want to study their first undergraduate degree in the University of British Columbia, in Canada, can apply for International Leader of Tomorrow Award. The winners will receive awards according their financial need. Financial need is determined by tuition fees, and living cost, subtracted the financial contribution the applicant and his/her family can make annually.
The assessment to this award and financial need is done according to the information you provide.
This award is renewable for up to three additional years.
Eligibility of International Leader of tomorrow:
- Be an international student willing to study in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- Not have obtained any bachelor’s degree previously.
- Meet the Admission requirements of UBC.
- Okanagan Campus
- Vancouver Campus
About the Wehrung International students award
Students who from a war-torn country and hardly need financial assistance to pursue their study in University of British Columbia can apply to Wehrung International students Award. This award is awarded based on the applicants financial need and sufficiency to cover the tuition fee and living expenses
Benefits of the award
- Earn a globally recognized degree
- Study with the brightest students in the world
- International support
- Receive financial support for tuition, fees, and living cost.
Who can apply?
You need to meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for the International Leader of Tomorrow Award:
- Be applying for your first undergraduate degree
- Be admissible to the first-choice degree you are applying to, including meeting UBC’s English Language Admission Standard. There are different ways to meet these requirements.
- Have an excellent academic record ( at least an “A” average or equivalent standard)
- Be an international student- neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident of Canada- and be studying in Canada by student visa/study permit
- demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree
- Be entering a UBC undergraduate degree program from a recognized secondary school, college or other universities.
Special requirements for Wehrung International students award:
- Be from a war-torn country, or a country that is unstable politically or economically
- Obtained high academic excellence in difficult situation and circumstances
- Have no financial resource to purse your undergraduate degree
You may like to apply to:
- York University scholarship and awards for Undergraduate studies in Canada
- 2020 Global Scholarship Competition at HSE University in Russia for Bachelor’s degree