Establishing in 1985, The World Habitat Awards have identified a large number of excellent habitat projects of different sizes and shapes. The main purpose of this award to identify and award innovative ideas that provide the best solutions to homeless people who lack a safe living place due to conflict, natural and preventable disasters. Furthermore, the World Habitat Awards are working to end street homelessness.
If you have an innovative, impact-full solution to the housing you can apply and win the awards.
You can submit your project in the following areas:
- Environmentally sustainable housing
- Restoration of existing housing
- Provision of housing designed to withstand natural disasters
- Technical innovation
- Housing developed and managed on a cooperative or other socially sustainable basis
- Projects and processes that ensure the right to land and housing
- Housing provision for those with special needs
Offer period: Annually
Application Start: January 1, 2020
Application Deadline: March 23, 2020
Winners: 2 winning projects
Benefits and prizes
- 2 prize of £10,000 for two winning projects
- Travel cost to the award ceremony
Note: travel costs and accommodation is provided to one representative of each winner.
Eligibility of the project
The Eligible projects meet the following criteria:
- be a completed project or in the process of implementation.
- Transferable and adaptable
- The solution should solve the current problem of housing and be a sustainable, practical and innovative solution for current issues of housing.
- Provide another value or gain such as saving energy, water, health benefits, and other benefits.
Who is Eligible to apply?
- Any individual, organization or government from any country who has innovated a practical solution to housing needs and issues.
- Applicants can submit more than one entry or project.
- The project should be related to housing projects and be completed or in the process of completion.
- The project must not be at the design stage only.
- Previous applicants can apply again.
How to Apply
You can apply online. You need to provide concise information about aspects of the project followed by images where possible. 12 projects will be shortlisted by assessment committee for evaluation.
The projects are selected based on the following criteria:
- Housing rights- what problem has it solved?
For More information please visit the Official Website of Award