Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
No. of Opportunity 11
Fields of study Engineering
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 2 To 3 Years
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 73956
The application is now open for the Yokohama National University (YNU) scholarship program at the master and Ph.D. level with admission through (MEXT University Recommendation under the Special Program). The university accepts students in two semesters, April and October. International applicants can admit with Japanese government scholarship (MEXT scholarship) or other scholarship or study onto the scholarship with their private funding. Normally, there are five major ways of getting admission into the program. Read more here.
Details of the scholarship
Application deadline: 20 December 2020 for October 2021 enrolment
University: Graduate School of Urban Innovation, Yokohama National University (YNU)
Study level: Master and Doctorate
Duration: Master: 2 years and Ph.D.: 3 years
Field of study: Civil Engineering
Academic year: 2020/2021
- This scholarship is awarded through different mediums described above; therefore, the conditions of funding and coverage differ.
- Relating to this program, some expenses such as accommodation, meal, and transport are covered for foreign students.
Qualifications to this program
An applicant applying for the Doctor course must meet the following academic requirements:
- should have outstanding academic records in undergraduate as well as Master degree, and demonstrate robust research potential
- Should normally hold a four-year bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree.
- Have proof of English proficiency (An official score of TOEFL, IELTS, or equivalent).
Applicants willing to apply for the Master course must have the following academic requirements:
- Should have exceptional academic records in the undergraduate level
- Should normally be in possession of a four-year bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrate evidence of English proficiency (An official score of TOEFL, IELTS or their equivalent)
- For both the Master course and the Doctor course, an applicant should be in good mental and physical health.
The university will select successful candidates based on the submitted documents. The evaluation of applications will occur according to the applicant’s academic achievements in the earlier degrees and research potential assessed from academic documents, recommendation letters, and the field of interest and study plan.
Notification of result
The result of the selection will be notified to the applicant by mid-March, 2021, and final Scholarship confirmation from MEXT will be at the end of July 2021.
How to apply?
Application for YNU-MEXT Scholarship through university recommendation is done through email and post-mail.
The number of available scholarships:
In “Civil and Development” program:
- Two for the master’s course
- Five for doctoral course
In “Civil and ICT/IoT” program:
- Four scholarships for the Ph.D. course.
|Therefore, candidates wishing to receive the MEXT scholarship allocated to this program can only apply for October enrollment.|
|Qualifications for MEXT scholarship prioritized allocated to this program are:|
|1) Be a national of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan
2) Be 34 years old or younger as of April 1, 2021
3) Be able to arrive in Japan before the beginning of the 2021 Fall semester.
|For the application for October 2021 enrollment, applicants must submit the following documents by both E-mail and Postal-mail in two steps, considering the COVID-19 situation.
1. PDF copies of the following documents must reach the correspondence E-mail address no later than 20 December 2020.
1) Completed Application Form (including “Field of Interest in detail and study plan at Yokohama National University”)
2) Official transcript(s)
3) Certificate of English proficiency (an official score of TOEFL or IELTS or equivalent).
4) Two confidential Recommendation Letters in the specific form
NOTE: The application period may differ due to an unpredictable situation. So, please prepare the required documents as early as possible.
|E-mail Address: [email protected]
*Please attach the PDF copies of application documents (1, 2 &3) by the 20 December 202 deadline.
Prof. Koichi Maekawa
Foreign Student Officer
For additional information on this scholarship and details of other available methods to apply to YNU, visit here.