Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 130
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
About the First Microfinance Bank of Afghanistan (FMFB-A):
The First Microfinance Bank – Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is a section of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which implements programs in over 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFB-A’s vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty mitigation and economic development through the delivery of sustainable financial services mainly targeting micro/small businesses and households.
Position Title: Loan Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Location: Kabul, Parwan, Nangarhar, Baghlan, Bamyan, Badakhshan, Takhar, Kunduz, Samangan, Balkh, Sar-e-Pul, Jawzjan, Faryab, Herat
Category: Business Administration
Salary: According to the organization’s salary scale
Vacancy #: Varying as per each job location (see below)
Organization: The First Microfinance Bank of Afghanistan (FMFB-A)
Years’ of experience: 1-3 years
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: January 30, 2021
The bank is looking to recruit a highly motivated ‘Loan Officer’ who possesses phenomenal business development skills with a hunger to succeed. Reporting to the Branch Manager, the goal of this role will be to direct loan client acquisition efforts for the branch and to create quality loans of up to $10,000 for low and moderate-income borrowers.
The incumbents will be in charge of:
- Recruiting new clients, rating customer needs, and introducing different types of loans.
- Describing the loan process to prospective clients and certifying clients’ eligibility for a loan.
- Going satisfactorily throughout the underwriting process.
- Interviewing applicants to determine financial eligibility and feasibility of granting loans.
- Performing risk assessment by gathering detailed information on each client through meetings and field visits
- Updating the needed data in the Bank’s Loan Management System.
- Preparing Loan Appraisal Report for Loan Committee meeting; collecting and/or filling documents for guarantees.
- Presents the loan at the loan committee meeting and informs the client of the loan committee’s decision.
- Checking the correct use of the funds paid.
- Ensuring loan monitoring including periodic site visits and ensuring timely repayments.
- Going the “extra mile” to shape relationships and customer loyalty.
- Working in compliance with relevant/prevailing FMFB policies/procedures; and full compliance with the audit recommendations.
Education and Qualifications
- At least a high school degree.
- Work experience in the area of trade is preferable.
Apply to Social Organizer/Worker Jobs as well:
Skills and competencies
- Well-skilled in the main local language of the area where she/he works;
- Smooth communication, negotiation and presentation skills;
- Good knowledge of the business process;
- Fair understanding of the business-related laws/regulations of the government;
- Good understanding of the business potential in the area in which s/he works; and
- Enough familiarity with the populace of the area in which s/he works.
How to apply for these positions?
The bank encourages eligible applicants to apply by sending their CVs including a cover letter to the given email address below.
Do mention the below.-mentioned vacancy number in the subject line of the email. Those meeting the criteria will be short-listed.
Submission email: [email protected]
- FMFB-HR-0004-2021 Loan Officers Kabul Region.
- FMFB-HR-0004-A-2021 Loan Officers Badakhshan Region.
- FMFB-HR-0004-B-2021 Loan Officers Kunduz Region.
- FMFB-HR-0004-C-2021 Loan Officers Mazar Region.
- FMFB-HR-0004-D-2021 Loan Officers Sheberghan Region.
- FMFB-HR-0004-E-2021 Loan Officers Herat Region.
- FMFB-HR-0004-F-2021 Loan Officers Bamyan Region.