Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
No. of Opportunity 15
Duration 1 Year
About Afghan Family Guidance Association (AFGA):
Afghan Family Guidance Association (AFGA) is an Afghan non-governmental, non-profit and non-political organization founded in 1968. AFGA has been operating in the field of Reproductive Health and Rights since its establishment and has recently become an associate member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF).
Read more about the organization here.
Position Title: Outreach Midwife
Job Location: Kabul
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary: According to the organization’s salary scale
Vacancy #: HR1050-IPPF-AFGA/22
Organization: Afghan Family Guidance Association (AFGA)
Years’ of experience: At least three years relevant
Contract duration: 1 year Extendable
Closing date: 28 February 2021
AFGA is hiring 15 female Outreach Midwives for Kabul who will work in the framework of the organization’s health project. Qualified female candidates can read the details and apply for this opportunity accordingly.
Duties of responsibilities of the position holders include:
- Delivering counseling and quality Sexual and Reproductive Health services including family planning, HIV/AIDS, STI, post-abortion counseling, cervical and breast cancer counseling etc.
- Providing appropriate supervision and advanced care to women during pregnancy, labor and the postpartum period.
- Performing deliveries on her own and taking care of the mother and newborn babies at the community level.
- As per the principles of basic emergency obstetric care, manage complications in pregnancy and childbirth.
- Considering IP measures during the deliveries & organizing standard ANC/PNC visits to targeted areas.
- Consulting and educating women, family and community in areas pertaining to Health including mother and newborn health.
- Managing Eclampsia and Preeclampsia (screening, treatment and referrals).
- Administering PPH by the distribution of Misoprostol.
- Offering postpartum family planning counseling and services.
- Referring to postpartum complications when needed.
- Conducting screening of the pregnant women for dangerous signs of pregnancy.
- Delivering comprehensive counseling for all FP methods.
- Delivering short-term family planning methods to the clients.
- Developing an effective referral system for long-run family planning methods.
- Conducting the PNC visit in 48 hours after delivery and providing them the necessary Family planning method.
- Providing information and education on Self-care.
- Facilitating enabling environment for a comprehensive referral pathway in the event of any complication in delivery.
- Consulting and screening the clients for FBV services and a strong referral system.
- Rising awareness among the women during their household visits and social assemblies to increase demand for services.
- Providing instant newborn care focusing on airway, warmth and breastfeeding.
- Delivering r emergency measures for newborn resuscitation.
- Providing daily newborn care, including physical examination, taking care of the umbilical cord, immunization, etc.
- Performing administrative tasks such as patient caring, recording and reporting of data and coordination of specific educational or outreach programs.
- Partaking in monthly and quarterly meetings to reflect on challenges and solutions.
Qualification & experience:
- At least hold a diploma in midwifery from institutes (2 years)
- Bachelor of Midwifery Faculty is ideal.
- At least 3 years of related working experience.
- Fluency in local languages and Basic understanding of the English language.
- Good knowledge of Computer and Technology.
- Good level of counseling skills.
- Sound communication skills and ability to interact successfully with community and clients.
How to apply for the existing positions?
To apply, qualified candidates should submit their updated CV and cover letter through the following email address prior to the deadline.
Applicants should obviously mention the vacancy number and job title in the subject line of their email.
Submission email: [email protected]
Also, browse below and apply to other jobs:
- 12 “Regional ESM Officer” Jobs by MAIL in 6 Different Provinces
- 18 AGRICULTURSIT Jobs by ‘Afghan Aid’ in Three Different Provinces
- 54 Social Organizer Positions by RRAA in Logar Province
- 30 Social Worker Vacancies by SADA in Zabul Province
- 259 Jobs of Customs Special Operational Unit by Ministry of Finance